Terms & Conditions!
If you are unsure about anything, please contact us before using this Website.
Terms & Conditions of Website Use
This page provides information about who we are and the legal terms and conditions that may apply to your use of the Resources for Life website and any product or service you order from us. By shopping with us (placing an order on this Website), you agree to our terms and conditions set our here. The Resources for Life website is owned and operated by Advent Press Limited. Resources for Life is a trading name of Advent Press Limited. Advent Press Limited is a company registered in England and Wales (company registration number 07677812) whose registered office is at 141 Cressex Road, High Wycombe, HP12 4PZ. Our registered VAT number is GB 922 3587 23.
Unless we say otherwise, we use the terms “Resources for Life”, “resourcesforlife.eu“, “we”, “us” and “our” on this page to refer to Resources for Life, which is a trading name of Advent Press Limited. All references to Resources for Life, inter-changeably means Advent Press Limited, the registered company as outlined above. All orders placed on the Resources for Life website will be invoiced through Advent Press Limited. Resources for Life means Advent Press Limited.
These website terms and conditions (“Website Terms”) apply to your use of the Resources for Life website at www.resourcesforlife.eu (the “Website”). You must read these Website Terms carefully, and we recommend that you print and keep a copy for your future reference. By accessing, browsing, using or registering with the Website, you confirm that you have read, understood and agree to these Website Terms in their entirety. If you do not agree to these Website Terms in their entirety, you must not use this Website.
You must only use this Website for lawful purposes, and you must not use it in a way that infringes the rights of anyone else or that restricts or inhibits anyone else’s enjoyment of the Website. You may use, download and print content on the Website solely for your own personal use or internal business purposes. Other than for your own personal use or internal business purposes, you may not without our prior written consent:
– Copy, reproduce, use or otherwise deal with any content on the Website;
– Modify, distribute or re-post any content on the Website for any purpose;
– Use the content of the Website for any commercial exploitation whatsoever.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account and any activities that occur under your account. The Works shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise as a result of any failure by you to protect your password, account or order related emails.
All rights, including copyright and other intellectual property rights, in and to this Website are owned by or licensed to Resources for Life. If you acquire any copyright or other intellectual property rights in the Website (whether by operation of law or otherwise), then you agree to assign those rights to us (including any rights you may have in user generated content that you submit through the Website) on a worldwide basis absolutely to the fullest extent permitted by law. You will also unconditionally and irrevocably waive any and all moral rights you acquire in or to the Website.
You further agree to execute all such documents and do all such acts and things as we may reasonably require in order to assign any such rights to us and to waive any moral rights you acquire in or to the Website.
The purchase of certain products and services made available on the Website are subject to age requirements specified by law. We are not permitted by law to supply these products or services to individuals who do not satisfy these age requirements and, if you are underage, you must not attempt to order these products or services through the Website. In particular, please note that age restrictions apply in the UK to the purchase of the products and services listed below. By placing an order for any of the following products or services you confirm that you (and, if different, the recipient of the product and/or service) satisfy the age requirements necessary to buy that product or service:
Videos and DVDs can only be purchased by, and for, individuals who satisfy the British Board of Film Classification or other age classification criteria applicable to the relevant video or DVD. Videos and DVDs can only be purchased by, and for, individuals who satisfy these age classification criteria.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, Resources for Life disclaims all representations and warranties, express or implied, that content or information displayed in or on this Website is accurate, complete, up-to-date and/or does not infringe the rights of any third party. Content can and will be changed in order to make the information as accurate as possible over time. The views expressed in user generated content are the opinions of those users and do not necessarily represent the views, opinions, beliefs or values of Resources for Life.
Your Legal rights depend on whether you have a ‘contract’. You will have legal rights (and a contract) either:
– Once you’ve paid for the item.
– Or once we have delivered the item to you.
Only you and Resources for Life shall be entitled to enforce these Website Terms. No third party shall be entitled to enforce any of these Website Terms, whether by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
These Website Terms set out the entire agreement between you and us and supersede any and all prior terms, conditions, warranties and/or representations to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Any matter that arises out of your use of this Website (including any contract entered between you and us through the Website) shall be governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. All contracts shall be concluded in English.
We reserve the right to change and update these Website Terms from time to time and recommend that you re-visit this page regularly to keep informed of the current Website Terms that apply to your use of the Website. By continuing to access, browse and use this Website, you will be deemed to have agreed to any changes or updates to our Website Terms.
Whenever you use this Website to order a product from The Works, our Website Terms and Conditions will apply to your use of the Website in addition to these General Terms and Conditions of Sale.
Resources for Life has taken reasonable precautions to try to ensure that prices quoted on the Website are correct and that all products have been fairly and accurately described. However, when ordering please note that:
– Orders will only be accepted if there are no errors in the description of the goods and no errors in their prices as advertised on this Website;
– All prices are displayed in pounds Sterling inclusive of UK VAT where applicable.
– Packaging may vary from that shown on the Website;
– The sizes shown on the Website are approximate only and may vary slightly;
– Colours of our products are displayed as accurately as possible on the Website, the actual colours you see will depend on your monitor and we cannot guarantee that your monitor’s display of any colour will accurately reflect the colour of the product on delivery.
– All items are subject to availability. We will inform you as soon as possible if the product(s) you have ordered are not available and we may offer alternative product(s) of equal or higher quality and value.
Please note that completion of the online checkout process does not constitute Resources for Lifes’ acceptance of your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place only when we dispatch the product(s) that you ordered from us.
All card payments are subject to authorisation by your card issuer and we take payment when we accept your order shortly before dispatch. If your payment is not received and you have already received the products you ordered from us, you must pay for the products or return those products to us in accordance with reasonable return instructions that we provide to you and in the same condition that you received them at your own expense.
If you do not do this within 30 days of the date on which we cancel your order, we may collect or arrange for collection of the products at your expense. We reserve the right to charge you for any and all damage to (or other adverse interference with) any products that are the subject of an unpaid order. If Resources for Life cannot supply you with the product or service you ordered, we will not process your order, inform you of this in writing (including e-mail) and, if you have already paid for the product or service, refund you in full as soon as reasonably possible.
We respect your confidentiality. We will never make your details available to any third party company for marketing purposes. Delivery charges and timescales vary depending on the type of products ordered, the service you select, delivery address and unforeseeable disruptions to delivery services.
Please note that certain products may be subject to additional terms and conditions of sale relevant to the delivery charges and/or timescales applicable to that product. Delivery will be to the UK or international address specified in your order. If no one is available at a residential or other address at the time of delivery, a note will be left to advise whether your order has been left in a safe place e.g. with a neighbour, or returned to the depot.
All risk in the products you order (including risk of loss and/or damage to the products) shall pass to you when they are delivered to the delivery address specified in your order. Resources for Life shall be under no liability for any delay or failure to deliver products if the delay or failure is wholly or partly caused by circumstances beyond our control. In the UK, delivery charge refunds can only be made in accordance with your legal rights under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations June 2014 and other applicable legislation. Similar rights may apply for some international deliveries. For further information about your legal rights contact your local authority Trading Standards department or consumer advice centre (for example the Citizen’s Advice Bureau for UK customers).
If you have a promotional code, you need to enter this into the box on the ‘Shopping Cart’ page. You can find this box towards the bottom of the page, near the order total. You must be registered with Resources For Life and logged in when placing your order, to receive this promotion. Promotional codes can be used only once per customer as defined by their email address and/or credit card address and/or delivery address. Only one promotional code can be used per transaction. Offers cannot be used in conjunction with certain other offers from Resources for Life. Codes offering a discount when you spend a certain amount can only apply to a single transaction and exclude certain things such as gift boxing, delivery charges, gift vouchers/cards and selected products. Please note that promotional codes also have an expiry date, after which they are not redeemable.
Promotional codes remain the property of Resources For Life (www.resourcesforlife.eu), are non-transferable and may not be reproduced in any form. We reserve the right to remove promotion codes at any time and without warning.
We reserve the right to withdraw offers at any time. Some promotions may not combine with other promotions, and if so, the best offer will be applied to your order. Any Buy One Get One Free items will always give you the cheapest item free. Items in the Buy One Get One Free promotion are excluded from all other promotional discounts, and do not count towards a spending threshold to receive another discount. Please note: If you buy in a Buy One Get One Free promotion, individual items cannot be returned for refund, you will need to send back all the qualifying items. Only one promotional code can be used per order, and promotion codes cannot be used with multi-buy offers.
We only accept payment in UK Pound Sterling (GBP). Customers outside the UK will be billed in Sterling.
We accept the following cards: Visa / MasterCard / Maestro / American Express via Worldpay Payments.
You can also make an online bank transfer (BACS), using the following details:
– BANK: Barclays Bank Plc
– SORT CODE: 20-40-71
– ACCOUNT NUMBER: 93576892
– ACCOUNT NAME: Advent Press Limited
If you are a UK/EU consumer, you have the legal right, under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations June 2014 to cancel your order within 14 working days following your receipt of the goods or the date on which we begin provision of the services. Refunds for orders cancelled under the provisions of the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations will be processed in accordance with your legal rights.
Please note the following:
– The item being returned must be unused and in it’s original packaging, suitable for reselling;
– Customised or perishable goods cannot be returned, unless they are damaged;
– Audio, Video recordings, or software which has been opened cannot be returned;
– If an item has been supplied incorrectly, you must inform us (by post, phone or e-mail only) within 14 day period of receipt. You must return the products to us as soon as possible after informing us that the products have been incorrectly supplied.
– If you would like to return a product to us which is not faulty or incorrectly supplied, you must inform us of this within 14 days. The product must be returned to us in it’s original packaging and in resalable condition. You must pay for the return postage and ensure that the returned goods arrive in the condition that you received them in. If they are found to be damaged, you will be notified of this and a charge will be imposed. Once your goods have been received (in perfect condition), a 20% restocking fee will be levied and the balance returned to you within 14 days.
– If you choose to return any products to us, we will not be responsible for any loss or damage to them in transit and, for this reason, we recommend that you obtain proof of sending. If returned products are lost or damaged in transit, we reserve the right to charge you (or not to refund any amounts attributable to) such loss or damage.
– If you cancel your order in any of the circumstances set out above in regards to cancellation under the provisions of the Distance Selling Regulations, Resources For Life will refund any money paid by you after any products, which have been delivered to you, when returned to us. In the case of damaged or incorrectly supplied goods, we may offer you a refund. Any refunds given by us will be made to the debit/credit card account provided when you placed your order and will be subject to our right to withhold amounts for products which are damaged on return as outlined above. Where we deliver products to a third party in accordance with your order, you will only be able to exercise this cancellation right if you can return the goods to us.
In the rare event you have a faulty item, please contact us within 7 days. Please note, if you do not contact us within this period, we cannot guarantee a replacement.
Customer Services ADVENT PRESS LIMITED, 141 Cressex Road, High Wycombe, Bucks, HP12 4PZ
Goods returned for exchange or gift vouchers must in all respects be in the condition you received them. This offer applies for 14 days from the date of purchase and is in addition to your statutory rights.
Calls are answered during our normal office hours.
On an order by order basis, we may be able to deliver outside the UK, however you could contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to check.
By placing an order with Resources For Life, the Customer consents to its details being held by us for accounting purposes and passed to third party contractors where necessary to complete the Work (such as carriers for the purpose of delivering the Work to the Customer) and this information will be retained by us even after the trading relationship has ceased.
By placing an order or registering on the Website the Customer consents to Resources For Life using the information supplied for marketing purposes whereby we may notify the Customer about its products, services or special offers that may be of interest, unless otherwise agreed.
Resources For Life is required to collect and use personal data about people including past, present and prospective customers in order to carry on its business and meet its customers’ requirements effectively. We recognise that the lawful and correct treatment of personal data is very important to successful operations and to maintaining our customer’s confidence.
Any personal data which we collect, record or use in any way whether it is held on paper, on computer or other media will have appropriate safeguards applied to it to ensure that we comply with the Data Protection Act 1998. We fully endorse and adhere to the eight principles of Data Protection as set out in the Data Protection Act 1998. These principles state that personal data must be:-
– fairly and lawfully processed
– processed for limited purposes and not in any other way which would be incompatible with those purposes
– adequate, relevant and not excessive
– accurate and kept up to date
– not kept for longer than is necessary
– processed in line with the data subject’s rights
– kept secure
– not transferred to a country which does not have adequate data protection laws.
Our purpose for holding personal data and a general description of the categories of people and organisations to whom we may disclose it are listed in the Data Protection register. You may inspect this or obtain a copy from the Information Commissioner’s Office. In order to meet the requirements of the principles, we will:
– observe the conditions regarding the fair collection and use of personal data
– meet our obligations to specify the purposes for which personal data is used
– collect and process appropriate personal data only to the extent that it is needed to fulfil operational needs or to comply with any legal requirements
– ensure the quality of personal data used
– apply strict checks to determine the length of time personal data is held
– ensure that the rights of individuals about whom the personal data is held, can be fully exercised under the Act
– take appropriate security measures to safeguard personal data
– ensure that personal data is not transferred abroad without suitable safeguards.
– When we collect any personal data from you, we will inform you why we are collecting your data and what we intend to use it for.
Where we collect any sensitive data, we will take appropriate steps to ensure that we have
Resources For Life shall be under no liability if he shall be unable to carry out any provision of the contract for any reason beyond his control including (without limiting the foregoing) Act of God, legislation, war, fire, flood, drought, failure of power supply, lock out, strike or other action taken by employees in contemplation or furtherance of a dispute or owing to any inability to procure materials required for the performance of the contract. During the continuance of such a contingency the customer may by written notice to Resources For Life elect to terminate the contract and pay for work done and materials used, but subject thereto shall otherwise accept delivery when available.
These conditions and all other express terms of the contract shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England.